The Green Operator Program is pleased to announce changes to its eligibility requirements and incentive amounts!
October 23, 2023
The Green Operator program is pleased to announce three significant changes:
Rebate Incentive – Effective immediately, the rebate incentive amount has been increased to 50% of the cost of the new truck, up to a maximum of $35,000/truck with the following caveat:
- The new truck must have an Engine Model Year (EMY) of 2017 or newer to be eligible for the maximum rebate of $35,000/truck
- If the newer truck has an EMY of 2014, 2015, or 2016, the maximum rebate amount remains $30,000/truck
Truck Eligibility – Trucks eligible for replacement have been expanded as follows:
- Previously, current trucks eligible for replacement had to have an EMY of 2006 or older
- Now, current trucks eligible for replacement can have an EMY of 2009 or older, however the new replacement truck must have an Engine Model Year of 2017 or newer in order to qualify for the new maximum incentive amount of $35,000/truck
- Further, current trucks with an EMY of 2010 or newer can be replaced as long as the newer truck has an EMY of 2021 or newer
New Truck Ownership
- The program now requires that new trucks service Port of Virginia facilities for two (2) years after being purchased.